About Co-Operative Education
High School Co-op Opportunities at Bruce Power
These co-op opportunities are a full semester onsite at Bruce Power for senior students from BGCDSB and BWDSB. This four-credit program provides valuable experience, essential skills, and career exploration for students on a pathway to post-secondary apprenticeship, college or university.
1. Business I (Accounting/Finance, Power Marketing, Supply Chain)
2. Business II (Human Resources, Community Relations, Communications, Business Improvement)
3. Engineering I (Mechanical/Electrical)
4. Engineering II (Chemical/Environmental)
5. Information Technology
6. Power Engineering/Nuclear Operations (OYAP trade: Process Operator/Power)*
7. Mechanical maintenance (OYAP trades: Millwright, Welder, HVAC)
8. Control maintenance (OYAP trades: Industrial Electrician, Instrumentation, Electronics)
9. Transportation maintenance (OYAP trades: Automotive, Truck, Heavy Equipment, Small Engines)
10. Fire Protection/Emergency Services*
11. Employee Wellness
* Possible day/night shift work involved
Power Up Your Future at Bruce Power Co-op!
- Get valuable work experience at Ontario’s largest electrical power generator
- Explore a unique career of interest to you before going to college or university
- Boost essential skills that are transferable to any situation in your future
- Participate in the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
Pick up the Bruce Power Co-op handout at the Guidance Office.
Want more info?
See Guidance or contact the Bruce Power Co-op Teacher:
Tim Smith 519-372-7161 [email protected]